Monday, October 3, 2016

Friendly

Friendly v Budock Vean

Monday saw Cape playing a home friendly match against Budock Vean. This had been scheduled for May 8th - but it has been played at last! 

We both fielded teams of 6 and although we had planned a Greensome we switched to a betterball as two of our visitors had never played our course before and were keen to play it all!

Cape in the sun.
So we paired up and played in beautiful sunshine. The wind was fairly strong though which made some parts of the course particularly tricky.

Hilary and Liz lead the way, followed by Fiona and Jan. Fran and I were the final pairing out - but that was after I had dashed back home to get my spare trolley because my usual one wouldn't go!


The round was a slow one, and the final result was 84 Stableford points to Budock Vean and 97 to Cape Ladies. 

Well played ladies and thank you.

Thanks as always to the Greenstaff for their work on the course and to the kitchen staff for the meal (especially as we were much later than anticipated!); the food and coffee was enjoyed by all.

If you fancy playing in a Friendly - we have our final one coming up on Wednesday 19th October... please let me know if you would like to take part.



Budock Vean ladies and Fran on surveying the 14th Green.
PS ... there was nothing wrong with my trolley! I had taken off the wheels to fit it in the boot of the car on my travels... and then put them on the wrong way round! 
Oh silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment