Monday, January 15, 2018

AGM

Ladies AGM and 11 Holes

There was a lovely turn out of Ladies for the AGM. Thank you all for coming or sending apologies.

Lyn chaired the meeting and took us through the business of the day with all the usual reports from the Captain, Treasurer, Handicap Secretary and from Management (which Ros read out). The New committee was voted into place and the handover took place of Captaincy to Sue.

We also drew the name of the 50/50 winner... and that is Frieda! Many thanks to Jean for organising that)


At Friday Evening's Presentation, Mike Lawrence had been presented with an engraved tankard as a token of thanks for all his years of service to the Club as President.

 The position of President is now being shared by Lyn and Roy.
Congratulations to them both - I know we are delighted to have Lyn in that position and wish her all the best in that role.

A personal note...

I would like to thank you all for your support over the last 15 months... I have loved being your Captain despite the slightly bumpy ride at the end! 
 I have been moved by the way in which everyone got involved in Phil's cycle Challenge - (he raised over £23000 altogether!) you took my whole family to your heart and I appreciate that very much.

Thank you so much for the lovely flowers and the beautiful picture!  
The picture is very special- bringing together three things I love; this wonderful place; the amazing group of ladies I learned to play golf with at Pavenham (who took the picture) and the awesome ladies of Cape! 
Perfect!


It is up on my sitting room wall! 

Thank you!


I am now looking forward to Sue's Captaincy and will do everything I can to support her. Her Charity is Alzheimer's and she has got off to a flying start with the purchasing of forget-me-not pin badges and OFEC cards! 


Unfortunately the weather itself on Saturday was wet and windy so we weren't able to play golf after the AGM... let's hope it clears up soon and we can get out on our lovely course!

No comments:

Post a Comment