Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Mind the Gap!

 Mind the gap!

Sorry for the big gap in posts but I have had Tim and Bridgie here and took time off to be with them.

I've had hugs galore (two and  a half years since I saw Tim and over a year for Bridgie so I made the most of it and we had a fabulous time.)

I left you in the previous post with the Friendly against Mullion.

Since then several ladies were Pinged by the Track and Trace system - some from Mullion too so one Mullion lady got in touch because the contact seemed to be from that Friendly match and they were wondering if we were all ok. I was pleased to report that the contact who had tested positive was fine and had since tested negative with PCR tests but was still required to follow the isolation period. Most of our ladies who were pinged followed the quarantine measures that were recommended and I for one am grateful for their care and diligence. 

I had become hyper-aware of the risks of picking up and spreading Covid because of the alarming rise in rates and because of my families visit. When all my family came via the train it made me even more vigilant - I have been doing twice weekly lateral flow tests anyway but felt the need to be extra careful and avoided meeting people unless I'd checked with them first.

This huge rise in active cases; my families visit and the risks it brought, plus the Test and Trace pings our ladies had received, led Judy and I to decide that we should withdraw from the Coronation Foursomes competition in Dorset.

Had we been able to go just for the day then we believed it would have been safe enough but staying overnight in the present circumstances seemed unwise. We were sad to make that decision but encouraged by the support we received from Cape Ladies after making that decision.


31st July

This was a stableford with 9 ladies entering. There were some super scores again - Hilary winning with 42 points (this included 3 birdies!); in second place was Lyn with 41 points and in third was Fran with 38 points.

Well played all.

1st Aug

This was the day of the Presidents' Cups, there were just 7 ladies who entered but with the winning score of 42 amazing points was Jayne!



Jean also had 42 amazing points and was pipped on countback and Fi had a fabulous 40 points.

Overall
Position
PlayerScorePlacingCountback
1Wilkinson, Jayne42 pts (28)Overall WinnerLast Nine Holes
2Clow, Jean42 pts (49)Overall Runner-Up
3Grose, Fiona40 pts (17)Overall 3r

Well played all - many thanks to Roy and Lyn for organising it, including lovely refreshments half way round.  

Thursday and Saturday's competitions were called off because of wet and windy weather, but hopefully things will return to a bit more normality this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment