Saturday, May 20, 2017

WRVS

May Medal and WRVS


What lovely sunshine for our May medal!


There are several of our number still away so our numbers were reduced, only 11 of us played plus Marion and Jean who came and played 9 holes for their eclectic. Jane - hope your ankle mends quickly... football in the garden eh!



There was lovely sunshine, a beautiful deep blue sea and a fair breeze but we found it difficult!



Several of us had potentially good rounds... but things didn't go quite right. In my case I was playing to my handicap after 13 holes (with 4 of those coming on one hole!); at which point the wheels fell off! On the last 5 holes I added another 17 shots (over par!) It could have been an alright round! 




Hils had almost the opposite problem with her extra shots being taken on the first 5 holes - but she still registered 6 pars and a birdie! Well played Hils!



In third place was Lyn with a nett 75; in second was Hils with a nett 74 and in first place, winning the WRVS Trophy and the May Medal was Chris J with a nett 72!
Well played Chris!



For the full results click HERE



Shot of the day was awarded for the most awkward shot!


On the 16th, after a good drive I managed to put the ball on top of the wall!

At first I thought it had gone over and searched for it unsuccessfully. Di called me to see if I'd found it and as I looked over the wall to talk to her I saw it sitting happily in the grass on top of the wall!




I could get to the back of the ball with the club so fashioned a shot of sorts to get it off the wall and back on the fairway!







Not really deserving of the head-cover methinks but certainly different and entertaining!


Next Saturday it is the Coronation Foursomes; the mixed scrambles are also up, on the men's board.

Don't forget Tuesday Evening golf and Thursday morning roll up.

Hopefully we'll be back to usual numbers soon.






ps I was the only Cape player at the Silver Division County Spring Meeting at China Fleet. It was lovely to play the course again and it was in great condition. I played within my buffer zone so was very content with that :-)





pps  Jean and Marion felt the need to polish the table ready for the Lady Captain's lunch!





No comments:

Post a Comment